Tuesday, September 29, 2009

The Little Prince


In my deepest thoughts I always remember the best book ever - The Little Prince.

1. Here is my secret. It is very simple: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.

2. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed.

3.
Only children know what they are looking for.

4.
What makes the desert beautiful, is that somewhere it hides a well.

5.
If some one loves a flower of which just one example exists among all the millions and millions of stars, that’s enough to make him happy when he looks at the stars. He tells himself, “My flower’s up there somewhere. . . .” But if the sheep eats the flower, then for him it’s as if, suddenly, all the stars went out. And that isn’t important?

6. One loves the sunset, when one is so sad. "Were you sad, then?" I asked, "on the day of the forty-four sunsets?" But the Little Prince made no reply.

No comments: