Saturday, January 26, 2008

Nikkor AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm

.
Travelling with several lenses can be annoying - it is too cumbersome to be carrying and changing different types of lens for every situation - landscapes, closeups, portraits, etc. What's more, those repeated changing of lenses will only increase the amount of dust in the camera sensor. Which is why I got this:

It is the Nikkor AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-135mm, a perfect replacement for my 18-55mm and 55-200mm lenses. The only setback is that it lacks VR (vibration reduction) which is important for focal lengths reaching 135mm (if the camera zooms to a very far subject, camera shake is more visible). Otherwise use a tripod. Which I did - paid for it - so might as well use it eh?

The other option I had was the 18-200mm, which has VR, but steeply priced at SGD1200 (it was SGD1800 last year). The 18-135mm is priced at SGD650 - but I got it for only SGD400, with a free UV filter thrown in by David of Alanphoto. Why the price cut? The 18-135mm is the kit lens for the D80, and while at the shop, a customer wanted to buy a D80 camera body only, but the store only had the D80 kits. So I offered to get the kit lens and the other customer can have his D80. On camera kits there is usually a price difference, in this case SGD150, and that's what I got. :) I just love good deals.

So from Funan, on to Padang, where the CNY festive lanterns are on display:)

Osaka and Kyoto, here I come :)

No comments: